RAIR is a nonprofit organization that builds awareness about sustainability issues through art and design. Situated inside a construction and demolition waste recycling company in northeast Philadelphia, RAIR offers artists studio space and access to more than 350 tons of materials per day. Since 2010, RAIR has provided a unique platform for artists to work at the intersection of art, industry and sustainability, while producing content that challenges perceptions of waste culture.
RAIR is seeking a part-time Marketing Intern to provide marketing and communications support for our organization. We are located in Northeast Philadelphia, just off of I-95; personal transportation is strongly recommended.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Assist with development and implementation of social media strategy;
- Provide basic graphic design in-line with RAIR’s visual brand;
- Help update website content;
- Draft press releases for events;
- Help to plan and collate information for RAIR’s year-in-review booklet.
- Experience working both independently and collaboratively while producing quality work;
- Self-motivated, time management skills;
- Ability to efficiently multi-task and prioritize workload;
- Excellent communication skills - oral, written, and listening;
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs (including Word and Excel) or equivalent, working knowledge of Adobe programs (including Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign), and working knowledge or willingness to learn Squarespace.
This is a part time (8-10 hours per week) unpaid internship position starting in May/June 2016. This is the perfect opportunity for the right individual to join a growing, exciting non-profit and a committed team of employees. RAIR is well-recognized in the Philadelphia arts community for bridging art, industry and sustainability, and we are seeking the best candidate to help us achieve our goals.
Resumes must be submitted to be considered: firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls please.
More information on RAIR can be found at www.rairphilly.org.